ABOUT ASIAN AMERICANS UNITED (AAU)
1023 Callowhill Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123
t: 215-925-1538 | e: aau @ aaunited.org
Founded in 1985, Asian Americans United’s mission is to build leadership in Asian American communities to build our neighborhoods and unite against oppression.
AAU has worked in Philadelphia’s Asian American communities and in broader multiracial coalitions around quality education, youth leadership, anti-Asian violence, immigrant rights, and folk arts and cultural maintenance.
Among our accomplishments are: initiating and monitoring the settlement of a lawsuit with the School District of Philadelphia to improve services to immigrant students; developing the leadership of hundreds of youth through the Community Youth Leadership Project and the Asian American Youth Workshop; creating the Chinatown Mid-Autumn Festival; and founding the Folk Arts-Cultural Treasures Charter School.
AAU is the recipient of numerous awards for services to youth, folk arts programs, organizational excellence and intergenerational leadership.
Thank You to Our Funders
- APIA Vote
- The Alfred and Mary Douty Foundation
- The Allen Hilles Foundation
- Bread and Roses Community Fund
- Comcast Foundation
- Emergency Aid Fund
- Greater Philadelphia Traditions Fund
- Henrietta Tower Wurts Memorial Fund
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Nelson Family Foundation
- PA Council on the Arts
- PA is Ready
- Philadelphia Cultural Fund
- Philadelphia Foundation Fund for Children
- Philadelphia Youth Network
- Samuel S. Fels Fund
- The Patricia Kind Family Foundation
- The Seybert Foundation
- Union Benevolant Fund
- United Way
- Wallace H. Coulter Foundation
- Wells Fargo Foundation